Autism FAQ - Charities and Foundations
There are different areas you might choose to direct
the resources you decide to put toward the autism issue:
The following are some organizations dedicated to raising and
distributing money in these areas.
- Supporting the care, education, and/or treatment of autistic people
- Reforming the care, education, and/or treatment of autistic people
- Research into autism and its treatment
- Education regarding autism
- Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism
- (support, research, and education)
- Autism Society of America Foundation
- Autism Research Institute
- Cure Autism Now (CAN) Foundation
- (research & education)
- National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR)
- Autism Autoimmunity Project
- (research; specifically, funding Dr. Vijendra K. Singh's research
on autism and autoimmunity)
See the sections
for more contact information about these organizations
and for other organizations that can use support.
These are some of the celebrities who have loaned their name for use
in support of autism funding though they do not have autistic relatives.
Both Anthony Edwards and Dustin Hoffman have dedicated continuing effort
to the cause.
Naturally, celebrities who are relatives of autistic people often
loan their names for similar use.
Well-known Autistic People
for list of celebrities who have announced their relationship to
- Troy Aikman
- Jon Bon Jovi
- Anthony Edwards
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Dustin Hoffman
- Anne Rice